Benefits & contribution
As an individual member:
- You have access to the tools constituting the EVIDEM framework which is designed to holistically integrate the ethical positions underpinning healthcare decisionmaking, via operationalizable criteria while providing an accountable and reflective process to support decisionmaking; the tools are translated in several languages including: العربية, Deutsch, English, Español, Français, Italiano, Nederlands, Português, Română, Pусский, 中国 (Zhōngguó);
- You will receive news on activities (EVIDEM in Brief) and other key information through the members’ mailing list;
- You can contribute to the activities of the Collaboration including:
- The development of the open source EVIDEM framework: feedback and contributions from users and methodological developers is continually integrated in the framework, which is at the basis of the open-source philosophy. This also includes translation activities.
- The development of the Collaborative Registry which includes EVIDEM matrices/records of evidence on healthcare interventions, developed using the EVIDEM tools and processes.
Terms of Agreement
EVIDEM activities are rooted in advancing the goal of healthcare in its widest sense, i.e., doing the best for patients, for populations and for healthcare systems. The EVIDEM framework is designed to integrate the ethical aspects underpinning healthcare decisionmaking, via operationalizable criteria, and to provide a reflective process to support accountable and reasonable decisionmaking. The activities of the Collaboration, the development and use of the EVIDEM framework, are meant to advance the goal of healthcare in its widest sense around the world and across the healthcare decisionmaking continuum to foster health of patients and populations as well as equitable, sustainable and efficient healthcare systems. Thereby, its key principles are:
- Collaboration between healthcare stakeholders and among its members to foster constructive participation and communication
- Promotion of the best and most relevant evidence on healthcare interventions
- Transparency of evidence and values underlying decisions
- Reasonableness in reflection, assessments, deliberations and decisionmaking
Individuals can join the Collaboration on the web site by providing their contact information, indicating their reasons for joining, how they will contribute to the collaboration, and agreeing with the following terms:
- The EVIDEM Collaboration (“Collaboration”), a non-profit corporation, is the sole and exclusive owner of all rights, title and interest in the EVIDEM Framework (“Framework”), a decisionmaking platform.
- Upon membership approval, and for good and valuable consideration, members of the Collaboration shall be granted a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license, without a right to sublicense, to use the Framework for all of their applications in evaluating healthcare interventions (medicines, devices, procedures, etc.). Institutions using the Framework for studies and/or for institutional use (as part of their internal processes) are subject to fees and the Collaboration must be contacted for each study and/or for institutional use to define applicability of the fee schedule as per the Rules and Regulations.
- Members shall acknowledge the Collaboration when applying the Framework or parts of it, and shall apply the following notice to any material regarding the Framework: The EVIDEM Collaboration. Used under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Canada License. In case of significant modifications, we strongly encourage users to contact the Executive to confirm that the use of the EVIDEM name is in agreement with the Rules and Regulations.
- Members shall inform the Collaboration of how the Framework is being used and provide feedback to contribute to the development of the Framework and foster its optimum use.
- Members shall not commercialize in any manner the instruments or processes of the Framework.
- The Collaboration makes no warranties or representations about the Framework, except as provided herein. The Collaboration shall have no liability towards the member or any third party arising out of the member’s use of the Framework.
- Continuation of membership in the Collaboration will be periodically confirmed.
- The term of the member’s license shall be the term of membership in the Collaboration, unless otherwise terminated by the Collaboration.
- The Collaboration reserves the right to modify this membership agreement and fee structure at its discretion and without notice to the members.